- Classic and pure old good Death Metal from Poland ignoring trends and fashions.
- Merciless blast beats, crushing tempo shifts, thrilling riffs & solos inspired by ghosts from true heyday of Death Metal of early 90'ties with high calibre musicanship.
- Balanced mix and production by Pawel "Janos" Grabowski (Progresja Studio).
- Follow-up to 2009's "Blastphemous Sindecade" album, but sounding darker and more evil.
- Recommended for fans of early Morbid Angel, old Deicide, Bolt Thrower, Sinister, Vital Remains, Immolation, Massacre, Monstrosity.
Founded in Warsaw, Poland in 1996, GORTAL from the very beginning has been devoted to classic death metal with a touch of the US style. GORTAL started to play gigs in spring of 1998. In February of 2000 GORTAL recorded its first demo entitled "Spawn of Hatred". The second product would come in the form of an May "Unleash Hell" promo tape. Following a 2005 demo "Blastphemy". This led to an album deal with Pagan Records. The debut full-lenght "Blastphemos Sindecade" released in February 2009 brought eight electrifying compositions showcasing technical death metal at its finest.
The group’s second album, "Deamonolith" was recorded in the Summer/Autumn of 2012. The follow-up brings another dose of perfectly balanced death metal, this time aiming at a truly apocalyptic atmosphere. Consisting of 9 crushing songs, the album combined all the finest ingredients to form a brutal masterpiece. Major, the guitarist, commented the forthcoming stuff: "We are devoted to classic death metal genre and we ignore trends and fashion. If You expect modern plastic production and arrangements, just do not listen to us. If You still read it,and expect merciless blast beats, crushing tempo shifts, thrilling riffs & solos inspired by ghosts ov early 90ties. Everything emphasised by powerful furious growls!".
This young man is a real up and coming force in black metal. His stuff reminds me of The Ruins of Beverast; this is just about as high of a complement as I can give a project, as I consider Ruins to have almost perfected what black metal should sound like. Grandiose and gross (love that vomiting sample); Cthulhu's black metal band. Matthew Arnold